lundi 30 novembre 2009

Chinese dress - Qipao

Hi there!
So I finally made a qipao for me. I sewed one for my mum, one for a friend and I had also made a few Chinese tops. As I have a little problem with the side closure (there are always gaps between the snaps) I decided to attach a back zipper instead. The only change it brought was that I had to separate the collar in two at the back, but I followed the book's steps to finish the dress.

The fabric is a beautiful^^ floral cotton on a black background. There are 3 vintage green buttons on the front and one at the back on the collar.

I apologize for the horrible pictures but I am definitely no master at taking photographs! About the size I chose 9 (with .10 margins) but I had to narrow the back and front darts because it didn't fit properly. As usual I took a bigger size -11- for the armholes and sleeves.

Ma robe chinoise a subi une petite modification: comme je n'aime pas que la partie avant s'ouvre dès que je bouge un peu j'ai mis une fermeture à glissière dans le dos. A cause de cela j'ai fait le col en deux parties à l'arrière. C'est une taille 9 avec marges de 1 cm mais j'ai dû resserrer les pinces devant et dos et j'ai fait les emmanchures et manches en taille 11.

jeudi 26 novembre 2009

Veste Pochée transformée en J

Je voulais poster les photos de cette veste pour le challenge "moutarde" du 11 novembre mais mes obligations professionnelles m'ont tenue éloignée de ce blog un peu trop longtemps. Je voulais me faire une J depuis que j'avais vu le modèle du Sewer Cat mais je n'avais pas le patron. J'ai un peu bricolé le petit manteau page 14 du Pochée vol. 6, et voilà! Le tissu est un lin mélangé moutarde donc, j'ai mis une parmenture plutôt que du biais tout le long des bords de la veste. Je la porte tellement souvent que je pense à m'en faire une en lainage noir avec manches rallongées.

Vintage dress Butterick 70's

I wanted a maxi dress but I didn't want the gathered ones which you can find everywhere. I wanted definition and a wide skirt^^ so I tried my luck with this 70s pattern and I am quite happy with how it turned out! I first made a "muslin" (actually a BEAUTIFUL aqua blue cotton veil with loads of bright flowers) anf after wearing said muslin 10 times I agreed to cutting into my other BEAUTIFUL flower printed cotton.

As you can see it is black with tiny white flowers, red tulips and sweet green leaves... I love this kind of tiny print! I made a size 12 and didn't adjust it as much as the muslin because I wanted a little room what with the end of year celebrations coming etc. I also skipped the facing and sewed self-made bias on the v-shaped neckline and around the armholes. Oh, and no ruffle at the hem, thank you. Here it is worn with my favourite cardigan of the moment:

I'll try to post more regularly!