lundi 17 janvier 2011

Today's top

Hello! How was your weekend? I went to my friend Marie's birthday on Saturday -I'm a bad person, I kept the bag!- so I made myself a quick top for the occasion. I found the pattern in my Sacred Book and used some cotton from my stash. As the purple leopard print is quite busy you can't see but there are pleats in the front, an inverted pleat in the back and I've added 2 small bows at the end of each sleeve. Here's the top as featured in the magazine:


And here's my version:




It took about 2 hours to be traced, cut and sewn and I finally got to use this damn fabric! I bought it on a whim but the more I watched it the least I could see what to do with it. Well now I'm quite happy with it, I've worn the top to the party and at work and it's such a nice and comfy design! It's the third top I've made from this magazine and they have all turned out great, I can't wait to sew more^^ See you!

9 commentaires:

  1. I love the cuts of these japanese patterns - so wearable and comfortable looking! Really lovely!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I would have kept the bag too - it is so gorgeous! And your new top is lovely.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Elle est très jolie cette tunique, j'aime beaucoup la coupe.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Pretty top - I like the style.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thank you! I've completed a 4th top, I hope I can take pictures of it soon :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Lovely! And I don't blame you for keeoing the bag, it was adorable ;-) x

    RépondreSupprimer