Hello, I hope everyone's doing fine today! I'd like to show you what I've been working on this weekend:
It's the second time I make this 1940's top; previously I had done it out of Japanese fabric and this time I used a remnant from another retro project, it's light cotton and the detail which I really like is that the stripes are weaved into the fabric and not printed. I was a bit concerned because the red dye tended to bleed but after washing it in cold water the problem was solved. I'm glad that I managed to match all the stripes on the side seams and on the tucks and darts, I put big blue buttons from my stash at the back and I finished the collar with self made bias. The only problem is that I should have reinforced the back with interlining but I forgot and now it tends to sag a little :(
I know it's quite a blousy top, not extremely fitted but I love it nonetheless and there'll probably be a third version someday! Oh by the way I made the skirt too out of a strange, heavy stretch fabric and I wear it all the time, it gives me the daily fix of navy blue I used to get with jeans :) See you friends!