samedi 23 décembre 2017

Kitty bag top

In an attempt to break from my usual top style  (ie super plain kimono sleeves and round neckline) I made a blouse/polo hybrid from a Japanese sewing magazine:





So first I'm totally aware that my fabric is very kitsch, the cat faces are actually bags, there are roses and the greyish background is very 90's grandma but I find it adorable! Regarding the pattern I didn't put the long sleeves and opted for simple folded bands instead. Also the original design had a square bottom which is a feature I can't stand so I went with a regular curved hem. And I didnt take a picture of it but I replaced the back gathers with a pleat to minimize the volume of the garment. It's a cool pattern IMO, I like it but I have a problem with how the collar stands so if I make it again I'm not sure I'll keep it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire