jeudi 26 novembre 2009

Vintage dress Butterick 70's

I wanted a maxi dress but I didn't want the gathered ones which you can find everywhere. I wanted definition and a wide skirt^^ so I tried my luck with this 70s pattern and I am quite happy with how it turned out! I first made a "muslin" (actually a BEAUTIFUL aqua blue cotton veil with loads of bright flowers) anf after wearing said muslin 10 times I agreed to cutting into my other BEAUTIFUL flower printed cotton.

As you can see it is black with tiny white flowers, red tulips and sweet green leaves... I love this kind of tiny print! I made a size 12 and didn't adjust it as much as the muslin because I wanted a little room what with the end of year celebrations coming etc. I also skipped the facing and sewed self-made bias on the v-shaped neckline and around the armholes. Oh, and no ruffle at the hem, thank you. Here it is worn with my favourite cardigan of the moment:

I'll try to post more regularly!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire