mardi 9 avril 2013

Instant gratification

Don't you love it when you find the perfect fabric for the perfect project, that your machine works perfectly well, that you don't even have to make another spool of thread along and that you finally discover the perfect bias tape in your stash to finish the hem of said project? Well, I sure do^^ and this is exactly what happened with today's top: first, I adore the fabric, it's some airy crepe that I found in my beloved treasure shop -actually I should call it "Hoarder's" because it's a tiny fabric shop that's been open for almost 60 years and they still have stock from the past decades crammed in piles going up to the roof, complete with vintage dust and spider webs, seriously. The cute, colourful print immediately caught my eye and I knew it would make for a great late 70's style camisole so I paired it with my usual self-drafted baby doll pattern and less than an hour later I got this:



My derpy face says it all, I'm in love with my top! Also I tried it tucked into The Skirt and it looked great too :) I hope the fabric is strong because it's probably going to get a lot of wear!

9 commentaires:

  1. Love your happy face! Love those fabrics that are many years old and love when the entire universe agrees to a sewing project goes well and fast ...

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Muchas gracias querida Rosy, me encanta que te guste mi vestido :)

      Supprimer
  2. Thats a great sew event when you- make it, wear it,love it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This is a gorgeous pairing of pattern and fabric. I completely love when everything works without a hitch. The feeling I get while working on days like those is the reason I keep coming back to make more.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Self drafted?! Well done!! Beautiful and sooo wearable!

    Bundana
    @ http://www.bundana.blogspot.co.uk

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thank you so much, I'm glad that you like my lil' top :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Lovely, and looks so cool and easy to wear!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Would love to go in the little shop...cute top!

    RépondreSupprimer