samedi 20 juillet 2013

Tropical outfit

I've just finished two garments which I'm very happy with, they're colourful, comfortable and cute!


I made another raglan sweatshirt, this time in coral knit fabric, it's the same Female pattern as the tiger one except I made a size M and it's still a little baggy because the fabric is so thin it stretches a lot. I'll take care of that by slightly reducing the hip band next time, I think it'll work!


Now for the bottom, I adapted a pattern from the Sweet Dress Book to get a pair of very gathered, almost skirt-like shorts. They close at the side with two buttons and a zipper and they're made with some fluo print cotton fabric.


I'm super sensitive to cold weather and it's still winter here but the day was so sunny I was able to wear the shorts without tights and the sweatshirt kept me warm enough :)

6 commentaires:

  1. The top doesn't look baggy at all and I really like those shorts. When I first looked at the picture, I thought they were a skirt.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Rhonda, well I wanted the cute factor of a mini skirt without the trouble of pulling on it all the time^^ so I went for the shorts!

      Supprimer
  2. I thought it was a skirt, too. Even if they are shorts, they are still supercute.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This is a really super-cute little outfit, I just love both pieces :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. They are really cute shorts! Love the fabric. Hope all is well with you. Sorry I've not been in touch for a little while.

    RépondreSupprimer