mardi 22 juillet 2014

My first Cami dress...

... and certainly not the last, OMG what an excellent pattern! I bought the pdf version on Pauline Alice's site for the super cheap price of 8€ and there were only 14 pages to print and tape together since the skirt is a basic dirndl that you draw yourself.
Being used to trace Japanese and Burda patterns I forgot that 1.5 cm seam allowances were included so I made a first muslin for size 36 that was much too tight. I made a second one for size 38, this time it worked really well except I removed a horizontal chunk of 1.5 cm at the back because of my swayback problem, but it's an alteration I have to do systematically anyway -I'm working on an Anna dress right now and I had to remove 2 cm this time!
I chose the short sleeves version because I didn't have enough fabric but I so want to do the 3/4 length sleeves, especially after seeing these ladies' amazing creations :) I used adorable nautical themed cotton I found in Singapore, you can't really tell from a distance but there are actually colorful little boats all over it:

Since I was very short on fabric I used navy cotton for the front facings, inner collar stand and undercollar:

I found five orange buttons in my stash and didn't mess the buttonholes too much:

Finally I didn't want to add the side zipper because mine always look wonky so I cut two panels for the front skirt and sewed them so that I'd have a placket and closed it with two snaps:

I think this dress is going to be a staple in my wardrobe, it's so easy to make and flattering, I can't wait to make other ones for me of course^^ but I also already have requests from my mum and bff who want theirs!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire