mercredi 30 juillet 2014

Almost Anna dress!

I had been dreaming of an Anna for months so when the amazing BHL girls released the pdf pattern I was ecstatic! I LOVE the maxi length versions of course but I must admit that I haven't printed the long skirt part yet, indeed my favourite part of this pattern is the bodice which ticks all my boxes: demure bateau neckline, kimono sleeves, fitted waist and full bust :) I was seriously obsessed with it and all the excellent variations I had seen on the blogs so I decided to add my own skirt to it and I got this:



I'm SO happy with this dress and I have so many things to tell you about it^^ Let's talk about the fit first, I cut a size 8US/12UK, moved the shoulder seams 1cm to the front, added 0.5cm to the front sides and removed 1.5cm from the back sides and took off a 2cm horizontal chunk at the back even though I should have removed a bit more because the bodice still wrinkles a little and is sliiightly lower at the waist than the front:



The skirt is a 70's New Look pattern which I have made a dozen times, it's so simple yet pretty and it doesn't need as much fabric as a gored skirt.


As for the fabric it's a complete mystery, I know I bought it here in Reunion but where exactly I can't remember! I had forgotten about it until I spotted it at the bottom of one of my fabric cupboard shelves, I think it may be upholstery because it's a little heavy and the wrong side is whitish but the print and colours are gorgeous IMO:



I finished everything, hem included, with black bias tape and I handsewed a regular zipper at the back.
This is actually my second Anna, I made one with a gathered skirt that I have yet to take pics of, but it's not as wearable as this one because it looks like an out of control cupcake so I'll probably refashion the skirt part and show it to you afterwards!

8 commentaires: