jeudi 20 novembre 2014

Another best summer dress

Well I said I would sew more and since this dress is so quick and easy to make, here's the second version:



I used 1 metre of cotton fabric from the same local shop as my Liberty knock-off one, I think the print is adorable with its stripes and flower bouquets! The pockets are light yellow poplin and I finished the neckline and sleeves with bias tape.
I also made the necklace using beads from an old one from my teenage years -I'm not a hoarder obviously^^- and adding a little chain from my stash:

 I stole this awesome scorpio pendant from my mum.

I hope you're not bored of this design already because I really have several more planned!

7 commentaires:

  1. Réponses
    1. Thanks Katie, for the pattern I took the upper part of a simple shift dress with bust darts and short sleeves (it was in an old Japanese magazine called Sewing) then I added two gathered rectangles and Burda pockets for the skirt and that's it :)

      Supprimer
  2. I love the shape of this dress, and love it when a project is super easy to throw together! Love that fabric!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Amazing that you can get this fabulous dress from just a meter of fabric! Great work.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Louise but I have to say that where I live fabrics are 1.50 metre wide so that helps a lot!

      Supprimer
  4. Who could get sick of the perfect summer dress?! Love it!

    RépondreSupprimer