lundi 27 avril 2015

Swans and zebras

Brace yourselves for an umpteenth version of my favourite babydoll style pattern, this time it's a top with short sleeves made with excellent -and I don't use that word lightly^^- swan printed cotton:



I found it in a local shop, the name on the fabric is Stof and when I looked it up I discovered that it is a 100% French brand! They design prints and make fabrics in their own factory in Loire and yet their prices are very reasonable and the quality is great -you can have more details on their website here .


Naturally I LOVE that print because it features swans that are both adorable and graceful, which cannot be said of all animals:

Dora got crazy when she found that heap of old roots and branches and proceeded to rub herself in it for half an hour^^

I also have another animal printed creation I want to show, it's a low waisted dress I made for my mum using cotton from another local shop but this time it is the Japanese brand Lecien:


It was super simple to make, I took a sleeveless top pattern and added two gathered rectangles for the skirt :)

3 commentaires:

  1. Great work. I particularly like your dress for your mum.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. You have great sewing skills. I always promise myself that I am going to learn how but so far I still can't sew. I love the adorable swan print and the babydoll shape is very flattering on you!

    RépondreSupprimer