samedi 22 août 2015

Kitty skirt

So remember this Tomato fabric from the last post? I wanted to make a big flowy skirt with it but in the end I went with a big straight skirt :)

I used pattern 109 from the February 2015 issue of Burda magazine, except that I didn't have enough fabric for the long tie belt so I altered the skirt to make it a regular one instead of a wrapped one. Since I really wanted to keep the huge pockets and the pleats on the front and back sides I put the zipper on the left.
In order to avoid any pulling or other placement mistakes I basted the zipper portion of the side seam close, sewed the pocket, unbasted and added the zipper. Also I put plain black cotton on the top of the pockets to emphasize them.

I'm quite happy with the result, I know A-line shapes don't usually work very well on me because my hips/waist ratio is small -ie I have log body syndrom- but thanks to the big print and pockets and that wide vintage belt it's not that bad!

5 commentaires:

  1. Lovely! The accented pockets look great!

  2. Had to come out of the shadows to comment! Love the cat skirt, and love the pockets. I think it looks great on you!

  3. Oh that cat fabric is just lovely and I think the pattern really made the most of it!