mardi 23 février 2010

Chambray blouse

A quick post to show you my new favourite blouse: it's design V from the Otona no Couture Stylish Dress Book. I made it with a very soft chambray my boyfriend -this divine angel^^- gave me for Christmas (stash bustin'!). It's size 9 but it's almost tight at the arms and shoulders so I'm glad I resisted the urge to chop off inches as I sometimes do with Japanese patterns.
There's a collar with stand, a mock button placket on the front and a cute pocket on the heart. It took less than a day to make, I definitely advise you to try Japanese sewing books/magazines if you want quick, stylish garments!



It doesn't show too much here but these buttons remind me of little planets^^.


I used homemade bias for the sleeves' edge and inside of pocket.

1 commentaire:

  1. That's a cute shirt. I'm in awe of anyone who can sew from a Japanese pattern.

    RépondreSupprimer