mercredi 27 mars 2013

Sweet dress!

Today's garment was made using the R pattern from the Sweet Dress Book and I must say it allows for one of the quickest and most gratifying sewing projects evah! I kept the alterations from the Lucky chance top but finally decided to make the dress length version seeing how many dresses I wear these days. I used amazingly soft and beautiful denim blue fabric -turns out it is Tencel- with white polysomething fabric. I'm also happy that I could use the thin striped trim you can see above the sweetheart detail because it had been in my stash for years and I was longing to find a nice project for it :) As usual I finished the neckline and armholes with bias tape and I machine sewed a simple 1" folded hem. All in all it took me around 2 hours to trace, cut, sew and finish the dress so you know this pattern is a keeper!




I wore it with a purchased belt but I'm thinking about making a matching sash out of the remaining tencel fabric.

8 commentaires:

  1. That's a super cute dress- I love it when things come together quickly too.
    Freya May
    thedressmakingdiaries.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Such a great warm weather dress- just enough shape- nicely done!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. That is adorable! It looks really summery and fun.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. The striped detail at the yoke is completely perfect! It really adds a special element to this dress.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I'm so glad you like it, thanks a lot!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. What a cute dress! Good idea with the striped trim!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. CUTE dress! And I really like the trim. I love Tencel. I haven't sewn with it yet, but one of my favorite pair of pants is Tencel and they are very stylish AND comfortable.

    RépondreSupprimer