vendredi 28 février 2014

Candy

In my town there's this small fabric shop where I didn't use to go because the items in the window were both impressive and incongruous, like very tricky looking silk or tweed when it's 32° but my addiction to fabric is so great that I finally entered, I thought maybe I would find something that I didn't already have -HA! So I went in and among the expensive European fancy stuff mentioned above there was the most incredibly fun collection of wax fabrics, not the classic yellow, burgundy and green based prints we usually have in Reunion but things like this:



Yes, these are awesome wrapped candies and a sweet sensation fills my heart just looking at them :) And these beautiful blue tones with a touch of mustard, I'm in love! They also had prints with hot pink, orange, even gold but I managed to restrain myself and only bought the 50 cm needed for my Burda mini skirt. I wore it with another new garment, a pussy bow blouse from an altered Japanese pattern -I simply drafted the ties and made a slit at the neckline:


And here's the outfit in action with the sun right in my eyes hence the strange faces:





8 commentaires:

  1. What a great outfit, and I love the colours! By the way, it is better to spend too much money in a good fabric shop than not finding anything in a bad one - at least this is what I think!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I must say a few years ago I would have never thought I could wear such a colourful outfit one day :) I agree with you on spending for good fabric, since you're going to keep your garment for a long time it's important to invest in quality stuff!

      Supprimer
  2. Love it! What great fabric choices and i love how you decided to whip them up! Well done. Super sweet

    Dani e

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Love the fabric. Very Stella Jean.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks, I checked that brand on google and it looks amazing!

      Supprimer
  4. What great wax fabric and the shirt is lovely. Beautiful outfit!

    RépondreSupprimer