vendredi 7 mars 2014

Marie's outfit of the week

She's wearing a babydoll dress made with white poplin, black linen and pink ribbon, I drafted the pattern and it closes at the back with a snap and the ribbons. To complete her outfit she has a pearl necklace, a leopard print clutch and black satin sandals all handmade:





And now for a "tutorial" -how embarassing it's really basic!- the simplest way to make jewellery for a doll is to use elastic thread so that you its head doesn't get in the way. Cut a piece of elastic the size of the wrist or neck and add an inch so that you can tie the ends:


Choose your pearls, thread them:


Tie the ends of the elastic and cut the extra thread:

4 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for the instructions! I didn't think this was possible for such a tiny bracelet!
    And Marie is looking so elegant this week, her dress with the necklace is gorgeous! (In fact, I would love this dress for myself as well!) I'm still in awe that you make such tiny accessories like her sandals!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You're welcome! I think I want that tiny dress for me too actually^^ And I'll post about how to make shoes for dolls, it's quite simple again.

      Supprimer
  2. Not only is the outfit cute, she even has her own artwork. What fun!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thank you Rhonda! The little artwork was made by a very talented and lovely lady from Fukuoka so it's extra special :)

    RépondreSupprimer