lundi 23 février 2015

Crop top and culottes outfit

So, about that grey knit crop top in my last post, OMG I LOVE that pattern!!! It comes from one of the last Female magazines that were published in 2013:


You can make it with woven fabrics but something told me that it would be too tight with my big arms and that it would look super boxy so I went with knits and it's excellent! You can't really tell from the picture above but it's a hi-lo design with a curved back hem which makes it easier to wear because, well, it is cropped and therefore much shorter than what I'm used to wearing -I lengthened it by 1 inch just in case by the way^^



 
Decent back length -pheeew

And since it's shorter I had to make a bottom that would have a regular or higher waist and still be comfortable and cute if possible. Culottes sounded great but I was a bit disheartened after failing twice with Megan Nielsen's Tania which was much too poofy, short and therefore unpractical for me. A quick internet search and a link to Petit Main Sauvage's impeccable tutorial appeared. Thanks Lauriana, you're a sewing goddess!


And if you're wondering what's happening with my hair I'm trying to emulate my new favorite anime character Jibanyan using Directions pink dye and henna but maybe this is not the best solution^^ Sigh, the road is still long to that perfect orange shade:

6 commentaires:

  1. Both the top and the shorts are fabulous and they go really well together,

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Louise, I think my new favorite outfit is the culottes-crop top combo :)

      Supprimer
  2. That's a lovely outfit! And I'm really glad to hear you liked my tutorial

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you so much for this tutorial Lauriana, your culottes have become my favourite garment to make and wear!

      Supprimer