I'm not boasting, I swear! But I really love this blouse, I've put thought and care in making it and I think it shows :)
First the fabric: an incredibly soft and drapey cotton I bought in Kyoto at Nemura Tailor and that I had been hoarding for nearly 2 years. It has a black background pattern and bright, beautiful temari balls printed over. I made off-white piping to add a little definition to the front yoke and I used plain black cotton for the facing.
Next the design: I kept the bodice from this dress and drafted a peplum to lengthen it. I tested the peplum out of muslin beforehand and thanks to that the result feels quite harmonious, had I followed my first idea and not made this muslin thing my beloved blouse would be laying at the bottom of my "FAIL" box :(
Finally the details: I handsewed the sleeves' hem, the inside is finished with black bias (also bought in Japan, I know, I'm a dork^^), I put rhinestone buttons on the front -I need to buy another one because the neckline opens and reveals too much- and made loops to close them.
And now the Blouse as I wore it today:
I'm sorry for the extremely poor pictures, I didn't have much battery left and couldn't retake them. Well at least I get to show my daisies :)