Hello! Today is a holy day which means I'm not working and I was able to finish this top I started a few days ago -actually I'm sewing more slowly than usual these days, must be winter coming^^! The design is 102 from the April issue of BWOF:
It was fairly simple to make, but as I was working with cotton veil I had to be careful, any flaw would show, so I basted and pressed at almost every step, I didn't use interfacing and I made linings for the sleeves so that the seams wouldn't show when I wear them rolled up. I also shortened the sleeves a little -by 1"- because my fabric wasn't as wide as advised.
I'm quite pleased with the result, it's simple yet smart and I have the satisfaction of having a clean-finished garment. However, the colour turned out much more err, orange than coral and I'm wondering if it's not too bold with such a volume :(
Last but not least, if you want to make this top be careful with the size you choose: I picked my usual Burda size (which I generally have to adjust because it turns out too big) but this time it's a bit tight at the hips! See you!
Edit: The very かわいい Crochetie^^ tagged me so I'm proudly presenting you the 8th picture in my 8th folder: meet my little brother!