samedi 5 juin 2010

Sew-along 2

Hello everyone, hope your weekend is starting well! As you know tomorrow we begin drawing the pattern for the Nani Iro Japanese top. Some of you may not be familiar with this kind of stuff so I've numbered the steps in the order I usually draw my patterns, I've found it goes more smoothly this way :) Just trace your lines from 1 to 18 and everything should be fine (repeat the same order for the back piece)! See you!

7 commentaires:

  1. Thanks Cecili! I just blogged about this sew-along actually:
    http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2010/06/summer-sew-alongs.html

    happy drafting! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks, Cecili. This is so, so helpful! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Given the disparity between my size and the pattern size, I am thinking of morphing the pattern with one of my tested bodice patterns... using the neckline details and the sleeve and armscye shaping, but not trying to totally re-configure the body of the shirt. (I'm also wondering if lengthening it to dress length would be feasible, some of the other patterns on the Kokka website are for dresses, and I make tunic tops, but I don't really wear them)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thanks Cecili - once I got started on this drafting it was more straightforward than it looked at first!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I'm glad this tip could help^^ Alison I think you can adapt this top to your size with your bodice pattern and don't hesitate to lenghten it into a dress, I actually often do the opposite since I wear tops more often :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Quick question, does this include seam allowance? xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Another question... do we add a seam allowance to the pattern pieces, or is it already included? (I am guessing that we need to add one) I started measuring out the pattern onto some paper, and realised that I wasn't certain if the lines were stitching lines or cutting lines...

    RépondreSupprimer