lundi 14 juin 2010

Sew-along 7: the finished project!

Hi there, hope you had a nice weekend! As for me I had so much fun that I didn't have time to post pictures of the completed Nani Iro top^^. I slightly cinched the sides of the top but on the whole I don't find it that big. The sleeves however are huge! Maybe I shouldn't have lenghtened them, well I'll see how yours turned out if you didn't alter them. Alison has finished hers and I'm off to see it!


I put a small black placket on the front so that I could add bows or tie ribbons.


See you friends!

10 commentaires:

  1. You look so cute! I LOVE those colours together too! Yellow shorts are delish!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi Cecili,

    You are finally done with this!! I am so happy to see your work as I have read the process.
    I think the color you used is simple, and chic. Very nice work. Big sleeves is good for summer that air can be going through!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. That's a cute top. I like the bell sleeves.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thank you for your nice comments! It was definitely fun to do and I think I'll make another one -this time with shorter sleeves^^.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Loves it! Great work, that colour combo is great. Just about to blog my version of this top. It's so interesting when people take the same pattern in different directions. You should make a post with pictures of all the participants variations, it would look great to see them all together! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. That looks so very summery and stylish, I'd not thought of making the neck and cuffs from a contrasting color... I really like your placket addition for bows or ribbons.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Great job, Cecili, I really like the high contrast. I'm late to this party (of course) but actually I've been sneakily waiting to see your versions because I've become worried about fit (I'm petite, thought it might drown me) -- I think I'm going to try and make it sleeveless (for summer) and dress length. We'll see how it turns out. But I've got your wonderful instructions to help with the neckline. Thanks!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Your top looks lovely in black and white and the placket idea is very clever. I just have to finish off my top and hopefully I can upload photos on friday. (Your yellow shorts look good too.)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing another one of the kokka patterns? I am thinking of trying this one:
    http://www.kokka.co.jp/so-ing/sewing/pdf/2010/buttonwanpi.pdf

    RépondreSupprimer