vendredi 25 mars 2011

Me-Made-March Days twenty-four and twenty-five

Hello there, I hope you're doing fine! As we went to the restaurant for my friend Muriel's birthday I could wear my latest dress:


I used a 1974 Simplicity pattern and dark teal polyester and even though the fabric is a bit stiff I like my dress a lot! It's cute and comfy and I can totally picture another one out of yellow cotton, red crepe or white linen (with lace inserts!). It was so easy to make, it took me about 3 hours -handsewing the zipper and the hem included- to sew it. I just shortened the sleeves to elbow length because it's a little nicer with the ongoing heat and I put a side zipper instead of a back one because it's easier to reach.
Now for yesterday's outfit I wore a skirt that I made as a test from an old ASOS skirt that has become too small (ahem...). The fabric is not really to my taste but the shape is pretty cool I think:

The long face is back!

Have a lovely weekend, see you friends!

5 commentaires:

  1. I love this dress! Have a great weekend.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Happy weekend to you darling! Well done on all your MMM outfits!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress. Do you know the Simplicity pattern number? I might need to track this one down.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh I love that dress! It looks fabulous on you. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hey, thank you for all these nice comments, they make me so happy :)

    RépondreSupprimer