vendredi 25 février 2011

Skirt tough love

Hello! How's your week going? I can't tell that mine's been the best so far but I hope things will get better. Now I have something cool to show you -well I hope so^^- it's a skirt from the September 2007 issue of BWOF and it's really my favourite design ever! I made it when the magazine came out, it was one of my first garments as I was learning to sew properly and it came together so easily I always told myself I should make another one but then I lost that very Burda.
Fortunately I found the pattern sheet yesterday :) I was so pleased, it was hidden between other patterns, I couldn't believe my eyes! Not having the instructions wasn't a problem as it's really simple to sew, however the problem is the sizing: I thought I would cut a 38, which usually fits me and can even be a bit big but here it's too small. I traced the pattern following the second line since sizes usually go 36-44 but it seems to be 34-42 with this one :( I'm glad I used a remnant from one of my mum's dresses and not the beautiful taffeta I was picturing for it, I'll take the bigger size for this future version.
Anyway I feel like wearing that damn skirt, I like it too much! I'll wear it when I go walking and I know that I won't have to sit, that should do the trick^^.


Here you can really tell that it's too small, that zipper is crying!

Cute pocket detail

See you later friends!

3 commentaires:

  1. I love the fabric, it makes a cute summer skirt. I too have a hard time with fit with burda patterns. Your garments always turn out super cute though and I love the outfits you create with them!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I'm sorry about the sizing. But I failed on my new design today, so we are friends:) It's sucks when garment didn't turn out the way you wanted.. But we always can try again;)
    By the way, it's really nice to have a pocket on this design!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks Sarah and Ophelia, I'm already working on a better fitted one :) Ophelia がんばって! I'm sure your next project will turn out wonderful!

    RépondreSupprimer