vendredi 23 mars 2012

Ship ahoy!

I got Zoe-fied! Seriously cyber hanging out with her will do that to you:




You'll buy nautical themed fabric even though it's upholstery and you're nearly broke from buying a damn golden anchor last week:


I swear, when the bank statement arrives at the end of the month I'll forward it to her^^.
Now onto the dress's facts: the bodice is from the bridesmaid bubble dress from the March 2011 Burda mag, I shouldn't have shortened it since I had to add a 1" fabric "belt" to make up for it (see third pic) and the skirt is a simple dirndl. I was attracted first to the boatneck -wink!- which seemed fitted for the fabric but then I realised the back V would give my winged girl tattoo some much needed love since I never wear halternecks. Still I slightly reduced the depth of the V so that I could wear a regular bra underneath. I can't believe we're supposed to make curtains out of this awesome fabric, the blue tone and the print are fantastic and it's not stiff at all, it weighs like linen!
I'd like to try this pattern with some short, cap sleeves, I think it would look really nice with the back décolleté and I may just have the right fabric for this project, I can feel another sleepless night coming! Have a nice weekend, see you!

13 commentaires:

  1. That dress is so pretty, I love it!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh that is seriously gorgeous .. definitely worth the remortgage!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I am such a sucker for nautical things. I love your dress. The fabric is too cute.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. OMG it's gorgeous!!! Definitely Zoe, but looks great on you too. Such a special fabric. I love it when upholstery or quilting fabric turns out a great garment.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. This has got to be one of your best dresses ever! I can't believe that fabric, it's so perfect! And your anchor necklace is a great touch. You're so ready for summer now ;o)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. This looks so good. Unfortunately, the dirndl skirt doesn't seem to suit my figure, I'm still not sure if it's just that it's not a silhouette I'm used to seeing on myself. I plan to give it one more go in a woven with a design very similar to what you've done here. Are there any darts in that bodice?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! Yes there are bust and waist darts at the front and waist darts at the back.

      Supprimer
  7. I love it. That fabric is so perfect and I really like the V at the back. I say that we should just ignore what fabric was actually intended for and use upholstery (and quilting and whatever else) fabric for whatever we want.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. its so beautiful.. the fabric is lovely

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Oh. My. Goodness. WANNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Haha! I didn't realise my cyber-influence was that strong! You look absolutely stunning and I'm suffering major envy. I LOVE the back V and nice work making it regular-bra friendly!

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. So lovely! The fabric is fantastic and the classic dress shape really shows it off well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. OMG, so cool!!! And that blue is so nice on you!! The V in back fits your tattoo so nicely too! Just so gorgeous all around!!

    RépondreSupprimer