lundi 8 mars 2010

Completed shacket

SO! It's finished! I tell you it was so long to make that it's going to take a little time before I want to see it again (and thus wear it^^).



I'm happy because it was good practice for my sewing skills: I made a correct peplum, I managed to sew slippery silk for the lining and the snap placket is well done and hidden. But there's still the fit issue at the back even though I altered the pattern and checked regularly how it was going.


4 commentaires:

  1. I love the color! And I've been scoping out peplum jackets for awhile now...if only I had the time to make one too! Congratulations on sewing slippery fabric. Is that the silky fabric on the underside of the peplum?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks dear, yes that's the silk lining the peplum!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. It looks great! I love the color too!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. OooOo I looooove the peplum and I loooove the floral lining. So beautiful!

    There is NOTHING more annoying than when things don't fit like they should. Grrrr!

    Anyway, the fit isn't too bad, you're just being really picky because you've made it yourself. You can't make a seam down the back to take it in?

    RépondreSupprimer