samedi 29 janvier 2011

Old friends are best

Hey there! How's your weekend? Here it's been raining heavily for 3 days in a row so I'm going to stay at home, which means more sewing time :) As a matter of fact I've got a new top to show you! I used cotton lawn from my stash (by the way, January is almost over and I'm glad that I haven't bought any fabric this month! I've decided that I'm not going to the fabric shop until March), one of my treasured fabrics, a print called "Tuileries Gardens 1930" that I bought in 2009. I fell in love with this fabric the second I saw it and I really waited for the right project to use it. Not sure why but I wanted a round front yoke for it so at first I thought of making a top using a gorgeous Advance vintage pattern from which I had previously sewn 2 great blouses, but the bodice is cut in the bias and I don't think it would have worked well with the print. So I turned to a trusted Japanese pattern, quickly drafted some 3/4 sleeves, added a little piping to bring out the details and here we are:

That "b**** please" side-eye goes to my cat Bibi who was acting the fool because of the storm.


I can't get enough of this pattern, it's so sweet! The original version is a sleeveless, dress-length version but it's so easy to alter, I wonder how I'm going to make it next time^^. I have a serious remnant from this fabric and already another project with it, I'll tell you more soon. See you!

11 commentaires:

  1. This blouse is so perfect for spring. I absolutely love the colorway and shape. Great idea on the piping! I blogged in my last post that I'm vowing to add trim to my projects, and this is a great example of an easy way to add a lot of pop. Thanks for the inspiration!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a lovely fabric and top! It's like flower blooming city! Perfect for spring!! I would love to wear that!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You have more will power than me!! I have to tell myself "keep on driving by the fabric store"! I like how you designed this top and your fabric is so colourful & pretty!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. REALLY A FLATTERING SHAPE ON YOU! I love the fabric as well!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. That is so beautiful! Where did you get the fabric from? It's amazing. Looks great against jet black trousers.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I Love your blouse. It's so pretty! And a print is fantastic!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Thank you for all these nice comments! Tilly I bought the fabric from this etsy shop:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/downshadowlane

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Beautiful print and top - it looks amazing with the piping.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. That's a very, very sweet top. I love the detail of the pipe in contrast, it highlights the shape of the pattern. Wonderful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Love that fabric! The blouse looks fabulous with that piping.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Wow this is a wonderful shirt. Amazing!!

    RépondreSupprimer