mardi 19 avril 2011

Japanese tops

Hello! Today I'd like to show you 2 tops I made a while ago and that I hadn't had the opportunity to take pictures of. The first one taught me always to wash fabrics before making anything out of them :( Indeed the white rayon I used shrinked after the top first went into the washing machine. I can still wear it but it's a bit tight around the arms and fortunately even though the length has shortened it still hides my bottom. The design comes from a Japanese magazine very appropriately called "Sewing", it has a front yoke with ties and 3/4-length sleeves, I only added the frayed ruffled band at the hem. I like this top so I'll probably make another one one of these days, I'll just be careful with preparing the fabric first^^.



Argh, did I mention that this rayon crumples like crazy?!

The other top was made using beautiful Japanese cotton bought on sale in Okayama and a pattern from Female Spring 2010.


I love the raglan sleeves, demure neckline, and the pleats and bow details :) It's very nice to wear and I can already picture another one out of light blue cotton piqué! Alright, have a nice week and see you!

11 commentaires:

  1. I really like both tops. I especially like the ruffled band at the bottom of the first one, and the cute bow on the second one :)
    Ashley x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Busy again I see! Especially love the second one and the fabric is so pretty.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Both of these tops are so beautiful and perfect for spring. I especially love the second one with that great bow and pleat combination.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh! Love the two tops! I have a strict rule - If a fabric "wrinkle" is to wash it before cutting. It never fails!
    The reason is that the "fibers" natural shrink, cotton, linen, etc ... It also depends on whether it is mixed with poly .. in amount of mix ...
    You are very "fruitful ", there are many finished garments in your wardrobe that I have no time to comment all .... Have a nice day!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks ladies, Rosy I hadn't noticed that but you're perfectly right about the wrinkle factor!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Both tops are great - I love all the interesting details. The bow on the second top is very unique and goes nicely with the neckline and raglan sleeves.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Both of these are lovely. I really like the way the bow is done on the second one.
    It's a shame the white one shrunk. Sometimes I don't prewash fabric but I steam it with the iron and that seems to work.

    By the way, I passed a blog award to you on my blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. They are sooo lovely! Love the tie detail of the white one and the bow detail of the second in particular. You are such a good seamstress, both look flawless, despite the shrunken fabric. Can't wait to see your second blue version. xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Zoe I've already started working on the blue top, looks yummy so far^^ Camelia thanks I'm off to check your blog!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Ma puce ce haut est vraiment super ! Il te vas a merveille , Lytd <3

    RépondreSupprimer