samedi 23 avril 2011

New fitting issues

Hello! I'd like your opinion on a muslin I've been working on. I want to sew this dress from Burda:

I made a first muslin and there was the swayback problem as well as some strange horizontal fabric bunching on the front bodice so I made alterations and here's my second muslin:




I think this is obviously too tight with the fabric pulling at the sides and the fact that blood stops flowing in my legs when I sit in it :( Yes the peachy bits you can see in the top pics figure straps because I intend to put some on the final dress. What do you think, should I let the side seams to gain 1 cm on each side? Or should I add 1 cm in the middle front and back? Or maybe both?! Once again I need your help girlz!

4 commentaires:

  1. I've had this problem before, and letting it out a little made the world of difference :)
    Ashley x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Sorry i can't help, hope it works out ok!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Cecili!! It was very nice to read your message! Thank you so much! I activated my sewing machine:D
    I would add extra on side seam for this because it seems like it's enough from center back to shoulder blade.. I guess;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I'm sure you've already tackled this issue by now (in catching up on reading blogs) but for what it's worth, I'd add a cm or two to each side seam. It's going to be a great dress! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer